Fourth User Group Event10 June, 2009, 12 noon
Hotel Novotel Annecy Centre Atria
1 Place Marie Curie, 74000 Annecy, France
SALERO (presentation, pdf, 1.8 MB)
is an IST project that aims at making cross media-production for games, movies and broadcast faster, better and cheaper by combining computer graphics, language technology, semantic web technologies as well as content based search and retrieval.
The purpose of the 4th User Group meeting was not only to show the latest results from the project in relation to intelligent media production but to gather detailed feedback and ideas based on hands-on sessions during the meeting. Based on a live demonstration of creating a production the participants had the possibility to try the tools on their own to be able to judge their applicability in their environments.
Live Demonstrations of Tools & Experimental Productions
- Welcome & Introduction (Georg Thallinger, JOANNEUM RESEARCH and Peter Stansfield, Wavecrest Systems)
- Audio Transformation (Oscar Mayor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Speech Synthesis (Carlos Monzo, Universitat Ramon Llull)
- Semantic Annotation & Search (Georg Thallinger, JOANNEUM RESEARCH)
- Facial animation, Character Generator, Karaoke Revolution (Richard Hackett, Blitz Games Studios)
- New Facial Animation Pipeline (Alun Evans, Fundació Barcelona Media)
A small buffet lunch will be provided.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Work phone: +44(1582)849481
User Group Meeting - Revisited
Georg Thallinger introducing the SALERO workflows.
Alun Evans explaining the Maskle Tool