Third User Group Event during IBC 200815 September, 2008
Keizersgracht 324, 1016 EZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
SALERO (presentation, pdf, 1.8 MB)
is an IST project that aims at making cross media-production for games, movies and broadcast faster, better and cheaper by combining computer graphics, language technology, semantic web technologies as well as content based search and retrieval.
The purpose of the 3rd User Group meeting was not only to show the latest results from the project in relation to intelligent media production but to gather detailed feedback and ideas based on hands-on sessions during the meeting. Based on a live demonstration of creating a production the participants had the possibility to try the tools on their own and were able to judge their applicability in their environments.
There was time for informal discussions to analyze suitability of tools to the task, usability, comprehensiveness of function set, integration in the workflow process, and requirements and potential improvements from users' point of view.
Live Demonstrations of Tools
- Welcome & Introduction (Georg Thallinger, JOANNEUM RESEARCH and Peter Stansfield, Wavecrest Systems)
- Audio Transformation (Oscar Mayor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra)
- Speech Synthesis (Carlos Monzo, Universitat Ramon Llull)
- Bones Dailies (Reinhard Fach and Henner Steinwede, Grass Valley Germany)
- Semantic Annotation & Search (Gert Kienast, JOANNEUM RESEARCH)
- Turing Machine Opera (Tea Stolt, Helsinki University of Arts & Design)
- The i-VJ (Sonia Miarnau Freixes, Activa Multimedia)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us:
Work phone: +44(1582)849481
User Group Meeting - RevisitedIntroductory presentation from the User Group Event
Tea Stolt presenting the Turing Machine Opera.
Gert Kienast presenting the Semantic Annotation Tool.